You are here
Remote Learning Guidance and Supports
Below you will find information for schools, districts, and BOCES that are seeking support during the transition to a remote learning environment.
Guidance for the 2020-21 School Year
Online Options for Supporting Students in the 2020-21 School Year
Schools and districts that are planning remote programming for the 2020-21 school year as a response to the COVID-19 situation will not need formal approval as a designated online school or program. For the full list of options and details, visit the online learning office's Guidance for the 2020-21 School Year webpage.
Districts with Current Online Schools or Programs
For the 2020-21 school year only, districts with online schools or programs may provide remote learning options for students within the district by utilizing the non-AEC district online school or program as a response to public health and safety measures associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. For details, including those related to Accountability, Student October Count, and AEC designation, visit the online learning office's 2020-21 Guidance for Districts with Current Online School or Program webpage.
Podcasts & Recorded Resources
- Remote Learning: Relationship and Engagement
- In this podcast, listen to two veteran online school leaders share years of experience in a remote learning environment. Nicole Tiley and Sheila Stevens discuss topics that include fostering student engagement and maintaining school culture, staff engagement, communication strategies, and senior events such as prom and graduation.
Staff within online schools have a special capacity to inform practices at this time because of the work they have already undertaken to build their regular systems and routines. Additionally, online schools staff hold expertise in serving their students in remote environments. Online school staff members have offered their support in the following areas:
- Discussion of promising practices (engaging students, student collaboration, etc.)
- Considerations for getting started (communications, accommodations, readiness checks, etc)
- General thought partner
- Sharing of resources and/or resource collaboration
To be connected to an online school leader, complete the form below. Within the form, indicate the area of need you are most interested in and look for an email to be connected.
Office of Blended & Online Learning Office Hours
The Office of Blended and Online Learning will be hosting office hours Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 to provide support during the summer months. Educators who have questions about adapting to a remote environment as well as administrators who have questions about online platforms and resources may benefit from bringing questions during this time.