Adult Education Initiatives administers the federally-funded adult education grant program in Colorado as authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and the Adult Workforce Partnership Program established by the Colorado Adult Education and Literacy Act of 2014.
- Administer the federal grant program for adult basic education services in Colorado
- Administer the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Administer the Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education grant program (IEL/CE) under WIOA, providing services to immigrant and other limited English proficient adults
- Monitor and evaluate adult basic education programs for compliance and quality
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to AEFLA-funded local providers of adult basic education services
- Collect and report data on Colorado's adult basic education services and outcomes
- Collaborate with Educator Licensing and Colorado Community Colleges to administer the credential for teachers of ABE, ASE, and Adult ESL (Authorization in Adult Basic Education [ABEA])