You are here
Training and Hiring Requirements
Farm To School Sub-Grant Application Requirements And How To Handle Supply Chain Challenges.
New Director Requirements
Directors, hired on or after July 1, 2015, are required to meet minimum education and work experience standards. Directors hired prior to July 1, 2015 are grandfathered in.
Annual Training Requirements
The USDA established minimum annual training requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
Training Resources & Tools:
- Key Areas and Learning Objective Codes
- CDE Professional Standards Training Tracker
- USDA Professional Standards Training Tracker 2.0
All training must be tracked on a training tracker with the key area and learning objective codes.
- Food Service Directors: 12 hours
- Managers: 10 hours
- Full-Time Staff (> 20 hours per week): 6 hours
- Part-Time Staff (< 20 hours per week): 4 hours
Training Tracker Tools are available from CDE and USDA.
Additional Training and Hiring Resources
- Visit USDA Professional Standards Training Database
- Visit School Nutrition Association Professional Standards Hub
- View CDE Professional Development Opportunities
Questions? Identify Your Program Point of Contact
Connect With Us