You are here
Procurement - Small/Informal Purchases
Small/Informal Purchases ($10,000 to $250,000 OR most restrictive threshold)
- The federal small purchase threshold (Simplified Acquisition Threshold) is $250,000; however, your district/LEA may have a more restrictive threshold. If so, the most restrictive threshold must be followed.
- Tip: there may NOT be a different small purchase threshold for federal vs. non-federal purchases. The SFA and LEA must follow one consistent procurement policy.
- Small Purchase Checklist
- For purchases that do not exceed the small purchase threshold, price or rate quotations may be used.
- Quotes may be verbal or written, but must be documented.
- Public notice is not required.
- Award the contract (purchase) to the lowest price from a responsible bidder who submits a responsive bid.
- Documented quotes and receipts.