Direct Certification In-person Training
- This course will review the requirements and process of Direct Certification with SNAP/TANF.
Direct Certification – The Why and How
- Training time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. No food will be provided.
- Objectives: Attendees will understand and practice direct certification formatting and uploading procedures.
- Who should attend - training requirements: Required for new staff; highly encouraged for IT/technology staff working with Direct Certification; and available for existing staff who need a refresher course.
- What should participants bring to the training: Writing utensils, paper or laptop for note taking. Participants should also bring a copy of the Eligibility Manual for School Meals. (NOTE: The 2018 Eligibility Manual for School Meals should be available in July 2018 for printing, before the training.)
- Annual training hours: Four (4) hours.
- Registration for this training will be done through Smartsheet.
- Please click on the training registration and complete the registration form.*
- If you have issues with the registration, please contact Rachael Burnham.
*Based on the training requirements of each day, it may not be necessary for you to attend both days of training. If you plan to attend both days of training, you must register for each training, separately, for the Direct Certification and Free and Reduced Price Meals and Verification trainings.
Training Dates and Locations
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- St. Vrain School District
- Lincoln ESC Building, Aspen Room
- 619 Bowen Street
- Longmont, CO 80501
*This training is full. Please email Rachael Burnham to add your name to the wait list, or register for another training date and location.
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- Valley RE- 1 School District
- Administration Building
- Staff Development Room 16
- 301 Hagen Street
- Sterling, CO 80751
Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2018
- Durango School District
- 201 E. 12th Street
- Durango, CO 81301
Wednesday, Aug 8, 2018
- Otero Junior College
- McBride Hall, Room 122
- 1802 Colorado Avenue
- On San Juan Avenue, just before reaching the Student Center
- La Junta, CO 81050
Friday Sept. 21, 2018
- Cherry Creek School District
- Student Achievement Resource Center (SARC)
- 14188 E Briarwood Avenue
- Centennial, CO 80112
Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018
- South Routt School District
- District Office Board Room
- 305 S. Grant
- Oak Creek, CO 80467
*This training is now a full day from 8:30am - 3:00pm and will cover Free & Reduced, Verification and Direct Certification. Direct Certification starts at noon and a light lunch will be provided. Please plan accordingly.
For additional information, please contact Rachael Burnham.