Summer Spotlight: Meals Across Colorado!
Thank you to all the summer meal program sponsors, sites and partner organizations for making summer meals a priority in your community! This past summer, there were a lot of amazing and innovative efforts happening to make sure kids in Colorado received nutritious summer meals. A few examples include:
- Mesa 51 Lunch Lizard mobile meals
- Greeley School District 6- El Fuego Food Truck and partnering with the city to expand access
- Colorado Springs D11- partnering with Care & Share Food Bank to offer a mobile pantry at sites
- Office of Children’s Affairs, City & County of Denver- partnering with city recreation centers and focusing on teen programs
- Westminster Public Schools- partnering with the City’s Never Play Hungry program
- Sponsors serving high quality summer meals were nominated for a Turnip the Beet Award! Nominees include Alamosa RE-11J, Littleton 6, and Fort Lewis Trio Upward Bound.
To learn more about these sponsors’ programs, feel free to contact them directly! Thank you, again, for your amazing work to ensure all Colorado youth have access to healthy meals during the summer!
All Students: We seek to ensure equitable, high quality, safe, healthy and positive learning environments that enable all students to reach their full potential.
Collaboration: We work as a team, effectively and efficiently developing, leveraging, and valuing the expertise, diversity, skills, and knowledge of our colleagues, districts, schools, families, and partners to accomplish desired results.
Communication: We maintain open, honest, and transparent communication within CDE and with the public.
Customer Service: We exist to lead and serve students, adult learners, families, schools, and districts across the state.
Honesty: We protect the public trust by ensuring quality and accountability and by upholding laws that support and protect students and taxpayers.
Innovation: We believe innovation is critical to the transformation of the state's education system and to the continuous improvement of operations at CDE.
Integrity: We ensure the public trust by acting with integrity. We do what we say and take responsibility for our actions.
Respect: We treat others with fairness and respect. We value diversity in our workforce. We develop and advance team members who exceed expectations, deliver results, demonstrate a "can-do" attitude, and foster collaboration and partnerships.
Transparency: We recognize the power of communication to stimulate new ideas, challenge assumptions, and improve the state's education system.
Trust: We build strong relationships on trust and assume good intent in all interactions.