Office of Gifted Education Professional Development Goals
The Colorado Department of Education's Office of Gifted Education strives to achieve the following goals for all professional learning:
- Application: Educators use knowledge and skills from the professional learning to address the needs of gifted students in underrepresented populations.
- Student Outcomes: Educators are prepared to help students successfully attain academic and affective goals commensurate with their abilities.
- Cultural Competence: Promote educator cultural competence through the use of images, videos, language, anecdotes or informational data related to Colorado's demographics.
- Technology: Model the integration and utilization of appropriate, available technology in instruction to maximize student learning.
- Customer Service: Provide a variety of topics and formats based on the needs of educators across the state.
The following professional development opportunities have been created by gifted professionals across the state. To learn more about each option click on the title or other additional resource links.
Web-based Professional Development
Online Modules and Hybrids Course registration closes one week prior to start date and caps at 20 participants!
The Office of Gifted Education online modules are offered annually statewide.
Online Interactive Tutorials
Gifted Education Tuesdays - G.E.T.
Gifted Education Tuesdays are interactive webinars (via Zoom) on selected Tuesdays for exploring practices in gifted education.
Updated information to come.
Professional Development Resources
Advanced Learning Plans (ALPs)
Resources to support implementation of standards-aligned ALPs
A listing of previous Directors' Meeting breakout sessions
Access guidance and resources on gifted identification.
Right 4 Rural Professional Development Presentation
Professional development is offered in regions across the state based on the needs of its Administrative Units (AUs). The Gifted Education Regional Consultants (GERC) work collaboratively with their regions to provide professional development and technical support that is relevant to their diverse needs and interests.
Professional Development by Regions (Coming soon)