CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Literacy Support Through Libraries
Many public libraries throughout the state have CIPA compliant equipment such as wi-fi hotspots, ChromeBooks and Laptops available for library patrons to borrow. Libraries are adding additional eReaders to their collections with increased access to electronic books that often meet many school’s curriculum needs. In addition, some are boosting Wi-Fi connectivity in library parking lots and placing devices at food banks, low income apartment buildings, community centers, and book mobiles.
- Audible Story Books Starting today, teachers, parents, and students everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help students continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
- Explore your local library online to download books through search engines like OverDrive. All you need is a library card. So, go exploring.
- Bookish Virtual Learning and Engagement Resources for Educators and Parents.
- Gale North America Resources to support libraries and educators impacted by COVID -19.
- National Emergency Library A collection of books that supports emergency remote teaching, research activities, independent scholarship, and intellectual stimulation while universities, schools, training centers, and libraries are closed.