Option 2 Fact Sheet (PDF)
This option provides additional support to those organizations that already have a person trained in Depth & Complexity Framework (DCF) 1.0. The local trainer provides the face-to-face instruction and facilitates a local online version of the CDE designed course. This option can help organizations strengthen existing implementation of DCF by reviewing and reinforcing previous learning as well as introducing new personnel to the framework. Local continuing education credits are an option.
This option requires that local trainers receive an additional one-day Train the Trainers (ToT) workshop to review the revised content and understand the online requirements and facilitator’s responsibilities. Local trainers, in collaboration with administration and teachers can use this hybrid option to differentiate and personalize professional development within a wider implementation plan.
- Building or district leadership participate in an overview of the professional learning project and implementation factors for readiness and support.
- Implementation support structures are in place, i.e., collaboration and reflection time, coaching, peer facilitators, etc.)
- Organization commits to building internal capacity to sustain the implementation of the DCF.
- Organization commits to purchasing all required resources for any new teachers who do not have them. Estimated cost per individual is $75.
- Organization has a local online platform for embedding the CDE course content, and a course management system in place.
- Depth & Complexity Cards, Q3 Cards (Quick, Quality, Questions) and Content Imperative Cards
- Getting Started with Project Based Problem Based Learning ASCD Reference Guide
- Setting the Standard for Project Based Learning; Larmer, Megendoller, Boss.
Introduction to and implementation of content imperatives and tiered instruction; the use of assessments for and as learning; and applying what has been learned in cluster and flexible groups and in accelerated and Advanced Placement classes. (10 hours)
Basic knowledge and understanding of Project/Problem based learning (PBL); creation of a PBL unit for implementation in the fall. (10 hours)
Back to Depth & Complexity 2.0 (http://www.cde.state.co.us/gt/dcfversion2)