You are here
2015 Census Data
- January 9, 2017 Memoradum from the U.S. Department of Education- pdf
- 2015 State Census Data- pdf
- 2015 Census Poverty Data- pdf
2013 Census Data
The U.S. Census Bureau recently released the 2013 Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (SAIPE). These estimates are used to calculate school year 2014-2015 Title I allocations.
- December 29, 2014 Memorandum from the U.S. Department of Education - pdf
- 2013 Census Poverty Data by State Compared to 2012 Data - pdf
2012 Census Data
2012 Census Data was used for allocating fiscal year 2013 (school year 2014-2015) Title I, Part A funds to local education agencies (LEAs).
- December 18, 2013 Memorandum from the U.S.Department of Education - pdf
- 2012 Consus Poverty Data by State Compared to 2011 Data - pdf
2011 Census Data
2011 Census Data was used for allocating fiscal year 2013 (school year 2013-2014) Title I, Part A funds to local education agencies (LEAs).
- December 18, 2012 Memorandum from the U.S. Department of Education - pdf
- 2011 Censue Poverty Data by State Compared to 2010 Data - pdf
2009 Census Data
From the preliminary poverty estimates below, Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) can find out if they will have more or less eligibility for Title I funds in school year 2011-2012. However, these preliminary estimates do not include other non-census factors (like foster, neglected and delinquent counts) used to calculate Title I allocations.
There are 4 levels of Title I grants: Basic, Concentration, Targeted and Education Finance Incentive Grants (EFIG). Each level has eligibility criteria that the school, LEA and/or state must meet in order to qualify for the grant. The Title I funds are allocated through statutory formulas that are based primarily on census poverty estimates and the cost of education in each state.
- Census in the Schools
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Census
- Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (SAIPE) for School Distircts, Counties and States
- Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (SAIPE) Data Sources and Methology
- Title I Eligibility Requirements for the 4 Levels of Funding
- U.S. Census Bureau
For Additional Information Contact:
send an email