CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Feedback Requested from School Improvement Spoke Committee
By Jessica Hollingshead, Executive Director Support, Federal Programs Unit
Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:08pm
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) School Improvement Spoke Committee requests your feedback, by January 13, 2017, on key school improvement decision points needed for implementation.
The specific decision points available for comment now for the school improvement section of the state plan are:
- Decision Point #1: SEA supports for identified schools
- What are the unique characteristics of state supports for Targeted Support and Intervention Schools?
- What are the unique characteristics of state supports for Comprehensive Support and Intervention Schools?
- What are the definitions, timelines, interventions, and supports that Colorado will offer to identified schools and their districts?
- Decision Point #2: Identify and define “evidence-based” interventions
- Should Colorado provide a pre-approved list of identified evidence-based interventions, strategies and partners?
- Decision Point #3: Allocation of School Improvement resources
- In reserving 7% of the state Title I allocation to support identified schools, should the funds be distributed to LEAs through a formula or competitive process? Or maybe a blend of the two (hybrid)?
You can provide input on individual decision points or all of them, based on your interest and/or expertise. Once this input is gathered, the School Improvement Spoke Committee will review, make any applicable adjustments and then release a draft of the section for input at a later date. To view all decision points and access the survey, please visit our School Improvement feedback webpage.