On December 10, 2015, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), was signed into law. The passage of ESSA provides a much anticipated opportunity to improve achievement outcomes for all students by providing effective programs supported with Titles I, II, III, and IV funding. The new law broadens the allowable uses of title funds and our goal is to help ensure that you understand all of the opportunities this funding affords your LEA.
Under the ESSA, state educational agencies (SEAs) are required to collect local education agency (LEA) plans that address the requirements of the law, as well as descriptions of the activities the LEA will implement with its Title I, II, III, and IV allocations. To meet this requirement, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) has developed, with stakeholder input, a new consolidated application, which includes a set of five cross-program questions, organized around five core elements:
- A comprehensive needs assessment;
- Meaningful, ongoing consultation with parents, teachers and other community members;
- The identification of students in need of additional support;
- Delivery and progress monitoring of evidenced-based student supports; and
- Evaluation of programs and activities funded by the ESSA.
2017-2018 Consolidated Application
- Contact Us
For all Consolidated Application related questions or concerns, please email us at: email@example.com
- ESEA Office District Contacts
ESEA Office district contacts by region
- Training Center
Training materials, general resources, ed-flex, carryover waiver, Non-Public Schools equitable services
- Grants Fiscal
NCLB allocations and fiscal files
- Needs Assessment
Tools that can be helpful to districts in identifying specific needs that can be used for developing their Consolidated Applications
- 2017-2018 Approval and Transmittal Form
- 2017-2018 BOCES/Consortium ARAC Form
- 2017-2018 ESEA General Assurances Form
- 2017-2018 Extension Request Form
- 2016-2017 Consolidated Application
March 2018 Update
2017-2018 Consolidated Application
CDE has reviewed and approved all submitted 2017-18 Consolidated Applications for ESEA Funds. LEAs may submit a request for reimbursement form to the Office of Grants Fiscal.
2017-2018 Post-Award Revisions (PAR)
The Consolidated Application is now open for Post Award Revisions. The post-award revision system will be open through Friday, June 29, 2018 for the 2017-18 application.
To submit a request for revision, edit individual budget line items within each section and provide a rationale for the revision in each section’s comment box. Once the revision request has been submitted, your CDE district contacts will review the changes and approve them or send you any questions or required clarifications. Local Education Agencies may submit multiple revision requests consecutively throughout the post-award revision timeframe.
The Office of ESEA Programs hosted a training webinar to review the post-award revision process and update LEAs on changes made to the revision platform.
Consolidated Application Resources
- 2017-2018 Consolidated Application Training Slides
- 2017-2018 Consolidated Application Questions and Assurances
- 2017-2018 Narrative Questions Response Guidance
- 2017-2018 Consolidated Application FAQ
- General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) Statement Guidance
- Consolidated Application manual (coming fall/winter)
- Virtual Consolidated Application Webinar
- BOCES Consolidated Application Webinar
For Additional Information Contact:
send an email