* * Scheduled System Maintenance: Tuesday, August 9 starting at 5pm and overnight through 7am* *
All single sign on applications including Pipeline, RANDA, LACES, UIP, ConsApp, ESSER, READ Budget and EASI will be unavailable.
You are here
COPMS (RANDA) Guidance for 2021-22
The educator evaluation process is in full affect for the 2021-22 school year. In an effort to support districts and BOCES in planning and implementing educator evaluation, CDE offers a range of resources and materials around implementation and flexibilities specific to the student learning/outcomes (MSL/Os) portion of the Educator Effectiveness requirements. Highlights include the new MSL/O Webinars Part 1 and 2 which describe the process of determining MSL/O measures and weights, as well as the Selecting and Weighting Measures webpage.
For districts/BOCES using the Colorado Performance Management System (COPMS) in RANDA, the following guidance is offered for how to complete educator evaluations within the system. Our team of Educator Effectiveness Regional Specialists are available to answer questions and provide support in the manner that is most helpful, or email the Educator Effectiveness team with questions and/or requests for support.
The COPMS in RANDA is up and running for the 2021-22 school year. The system already allows for flexibility to accommodate the unique processes that districts/BOCES engage in for evaluating their respective educators. Therefore, each district/BOCES can determine when and how to proceed with adjustments in response to the ever-changing educational landscape. Districts/BOCES are strongly encouraged to engage with their Advisory Personnel Performance Evaluation Council (1338), educators, and legal counsel to determine the most effective and productive evaluation processes for the 2021-22 school year. In general, the following key points are applicable:
- The Educator Effectiveness process will be maintained, with efforts focused on the established professional practices as well as Measures of Student Learning/Outcomes (MSL/Os). Recommended best practices for the evaluation process are in place.
- Monitoring and reporting of educators’ final effectiveness rating will be based 50% on professional practices and 50% on Measures of Student Learning/Outcomes (MSL/Os).
- Consistent with year’s past, the superintendent (SI) or Executive Director (AS) must enable the current school year (only the SI or AS may complete this step.) Similarly, all system users (roles and buildings) need to be updated through CDE Identity Management (IdM) (only Local Access Managers, or LAMS, may complete this step.)
Key dates and steps within COPMS (RANDA)
The following key dates and steps apply to the 2021-22 school year:
December 31, 2021
Aligned with established district/BOCES practices and agreed upon time-frames
By two weeks prior to the end of the evaluation cycle, and aligned with established district/BOCES practices (Spring 2022)
As in previous years, the LEA settings will be automatically released on 12/31/2020, if not already released by the LEA.
Conduct, gather, and track observation and engagement between the educator and their evaluator associated with the professional practices as well as with your created MSL/Os.
Information and supports are available for providing effective observations and feedback in a variety of settings, including in-person as well as remote/virtual or hybrid settings. Specific information on implementation is each of these settings is available through our webpage Providing Effective Observations and Feedback in Various Learning Environments, as well as insights directly aligned with the state model teacher rubrics in the Resource Guide for Deepening the Understanding of Teachers’ Professional Practices and the Addendum.
Complete a final effectiveness rating for each educator that is based 50% on professional practices and 50% on MSL/Os. This is calculated within the system automatically.
NOTE: Districts/BOCES have the option to explore and practice with different MSL/MSO settings throughout the 2021-22 evaluation cycle within the COPMS (RANDA) “sandbox”. Please contact your Regional Specialist with questions about how to access the sandbox.
Additional support and information
The following are additional resources and supports to districts and BOCES:
- Educator Effectiveness Regional Specialists
- Providing Effective Observations and Feedback in Various Learning Environments
- Resource Guide for Deepening the Understanding of Teacher's Professional Practices
- Addendum to the Resource Guide that aims to promote understanding of how the Rubric for Evaluating Colorado Teachers within the Colorado State Model Evaluation System can be used in remote/virtual learning environment.
- Educator Talent COVID-19 FAQs