The Colorado Department of Education is currently accepting new grant proposals for the Expelled and At-Risk Student Services Program. For instructions to apply, program purposes, allowable uses of funds, etc., refer to the Request for Proposal and related items posted below. Funding will be available for four-year grants (2019-20 through 2022-23) based on annual appropriations for the three continuation years. Awarded grantees will submit continuation applications and budgets each of the next three years.
The purpose of the EARSS Grant Program is to assist in providing educational and supportive, early intervention services to EARSS-eligible students. “EARSS-eligible” students are expelled students, students at-risk of expulsion, and enrolled truant or habitually truant students. Truancy is based on unexcused absences. Habitually truant students refers to students of compulsory school age. Applicants must focus their proposal on any one, two or all three of the above EARSS-eligible categories.
After viewing the documents use the back arrows to return to the website.
Application to Review EARSS Grant Proposals:
Peer reviewers are being sought for reviewing and scoring proposals. The team review day is scheduled for April 5, 2019 in the Denver metro area. If interested, check back here for a reviewer Recruitment Notice to find details regarding qualifications, time commitment, to disclose conflicts of interest, and to find a link for completing an application survey.
PLEASE NOTE: Several changes have been made in the RFP from previous application processes. Please thoroughly read the Overview section and scoring criteria in order to submit a proposal that conforms to this current funding opportunity's criteria.
Application forms to complete and submit:
- Attachment G: Letter of Intent - Due Tuesday, January 15, 2019 by 11:59pm (and on an on-going basis as the RFP becomes known after this deadline). Please use this link for the Letter of Intent.
Request for Proposal - Electronic Submission Must be Submitted by Friday, March 15, 2019 no later than 11:59pm.
The submission includes the proposal narrative components as one document and also the proposal's budget excel file.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Word format
- Request for Proposal (RFP) PDF format.
- Budget (Excel) -This template must be used and submitted.
- Sample Budget Detail Worksheet (PDF) This sample provides a level of detail to justify proposed expenditures.
Additional materials referenced in the proposal:
Attachments referenced in the RFP are offered here as separate files so applicants can more quickly access information and can more easily share specific information with others.
- Attachment A: Definition and Terms (PDF)
- Attachment B: Colorado Revised Statutes (PDF)
- Attachment C: Currently Funded EARSS Grantees (PDF)
- Attachment D: Interagency Agreements (PDF)
- Attachment E: Most Effective Strategies (PDF) - EARSS program evaluations have identified these activities and strategies as most effective in contributing toward meeting grantees’ performance goals, Additional strategies eligible for funding can be found in the Attachment F: Final Performance Report
- Attachment F: Final Performance Report (PDF) - Evaluation questions and data collected
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Coming Soon
An application training webinar will be held on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Register for this technical assistance by clicking here.