In this age of data-driven decision making, data is foundational to the success of the process. Whether discussing student-achievement, program monitoring, education funding, accountability or any other education-related conversation, data is at the center of the discussion. The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) is required by state and federal law to collect and store student and educator records.
CDE takes seriously its obligation to protect the privacy of data collected, used, shared and stored. These pages contain state and federal policies CDE adheres to, data privacy and security procedures, as well as guidance and resources for various stakeholders.
- CDE has added a number of new resources to our District and School Resources page. There you will find tools on how to avoid the disclosure of PII in public data, fun and interesting videos on a number of privacy topics, tips on data security and how to vet your third parties on their security practices, and much more.
- We've added some guidance to our Federal and State Laws page. Are you confused about FERPA and HIPAA? Do you want to know more about IDEA and privacy?
Find it Now
- CDE's Agreements and Contracts involving PII
- CDE's Major Data Collections
- CDE Policies and Procedures
- New Data Privacy Law Resources
- Federal and State Laws
If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at email@example.com.