You are here
Standard Course Codes - Project Details
The Statewide Standard Course Code system is used to load a single file containing course code mappings. A mapping shows the relationship between the Local Education Agency's local course codes to a statewide standard course code. The Colorado Department of Education is currently allowing LEAs to use SCED version through version 6 codes for the statewide standard course codes. The course code mappings are required as part of the Teacher Student Data Link collection, and LEAs must map courses prior to submitting student and educator course data.
Local Education Agencies are still required to update any mappings containing deprecated SCED codes from versions 1.0 or 2.0. LEAs will need to map all their local courses to a statewide standard course code, including electives, courses offered at post-secondary institutions (concurrent enrollment), online courses, credit recovery courses, and any courses LEAs offer to their students. Starting in the 2020-2021 school year, the SCED codes from version 6 will need to be utilized. A crosswalk for earlier versions and version 6 is available below.
The Statewide Standard Course Code system is used to compare course offerings across school districts and longitudinal analysis. There are a variety of users and reports that utilize the SSCC data for the Office of Civil Rights, and the Student Course Participation and Achievement Report.
- The 2019-2020 Statewide Standard Course Code Interchange will open in October 2019 and will remain open through August 2020.
File Layout and Definitions
- Statewide Standard Course Code File Layout (PDF) (updated 9/6/2016)
- Template for uploading a file to the SSCC system - This link opens an Excel spreadsheet that districts can use to fill out and then upload into the SSCC system. Please remember to remove the header of the spreadsheet before uploading to the SSCC system.
- 2019-2020 Training Webinar (PPT) (updated 08/01/2019)
- SSCC Quick Start Guide (DOC) - This document is a Quick Start Guide that will walk you through accessing the system.
- SSCC Login - This video provides an overview of the SSCC system and solutions to some common login problems.
- Uploading a file to the SSCC system - This tutorial provides a demonstration on how to use the Upload Feature of the SSCC system.
- Local Course Codes - This tutorial provides a demonstration on how to use the Local Courses Pages of the SSCC.
- SSCC Dashboard - This tutorial demonstrates how to use the Dashboard Page of the SSCC system.
- Steps to replicate course code mappings 2019-20 (DOCX) (Updated: 08/01/2019)
- Steps to export courses and make changes (DOCX) (08/01/2019)
- School Courses for the Exchange of Data (SCED)
- SCED Code Finder
- SCED Codes for 2019-2020 with Crosswalk (XLS) (posted 08/01/2019)
- SCED Version 6 file (posted 08/01/2019)
- SCED Version 4 file
- SCED Version 3 file
Contact: Annette Severson at email@example.com