You are here
The School Discipline collection contains school level information for (1) the counts of students disciplined based on the type of incident (behavior of the student) and the demographics of the student and the numbers of incidents and (2) the counts of students that brought or possessed a firearm and the action taken for those incidents for each school. The data from the School Discipline collection is used to populate discipline information in the School View application.
Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, the attendance data was split into a separate snapshot collection. The attendance data is now collected as part of the Student School Association file and the Attendance Snapshot. You may view the Attendance Snapshot information at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/datapipeline/datapipelinesnapshots-attendance.
The School Discipline Collection opens April 28, 2021.
- 2020-2021 SDA Timeline (updated 06/17/2021)
File Layout and Definitions
- 2020-2021 School Discipline File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 04/01/2020)
- 2021-2022 School Discipline File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Discipline by Action File Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Discipline by Student Demographics File Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Firearm (GFSA) Data File Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Discipline by Action Excel Template (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Discipline by Student Demographic Excel Template (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 Firearm (GFSA) Discipline Excel Template (XLSX) (posted 03/17/2021)
- 2020-2021 School Discipline Training (PPTX) (posted 05/05/2021)
- Behavior Reporting Guidance Slides (PPTX) (posted 02/26/2020)
- Cognos Reports Slides (PPTX) (updated 07/07/2020)
- Process Guide (PDF) (posted 04/27/20)
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting Guide (DOC) (posted 01/30/2019)
- SDA Business Rule Additional Guidance (updated 05/20/2019)
- SDA Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (updated 04/27/2020)
- Behavior Statutes and Clarifications (updated 03/12/2018)
- Guide for Determining Most Serious Incidents (updated 03/17/2016)
Contact: Annette Severson at Severson_a@cde.state.co.us