You are here
READ Plan Working Group
READ Plan Working Group
CDE has established a READ Plan Working Group to review the creation and use of READ plans, including the extent of parent involvement, to improve the effectiveness of the plans. The Working Group will develop recommendations regarding changes to regulations and the department's level of technical assistance and communication to local education providers. By law, the working group may not consider nor recommend repealing the requirement for individual READ plans.
Authorized under House Bill 18-1393 , the Working Group is comprised of educators in grades K – 3, upper grade teachers, parents, principals, district leaders, and literacy experts representing districts from across the state, including small rural/rural, urban and suburban districts. Members of the Working Group were selected through an application process in August 2018.
The Working Group will be convened bi-monthly through December 2019. Meeting dates and locations are being confirmed and will be posted when available. The recommendations of the Working Group will be submitted to the State Board of Education and the education committees of the House of Representatives and the Senate by before February 1, 2020 by the Commissioner of Education.
Working Group Facilitation:
The department is engaging an objective, skilled, third-party facilitator to manage the working group meetings and record the working group’s recommendations in a final report. All meeting agendas and summaries will be publicly available on this webpage.
- Monday, November 26, 2018; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Friday, January 18, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Thursday, March 7, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street Lakewood, CO 80226
- Friday, May 3, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Monday, June 17, 2019; Adams 12 School District Conference, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Monday, August 5, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Thursday, October 3, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- VIRTUAL MEETING- Thursday, December 5, 2019
- READ Act overview. This document provides general information about the READ Act.
- The 2018 READ Act Legislative Report. This is the most recent report provided to the Colorado legislature.
- FAQs. This provides some helpful information in a question and answer format.
- A READ Act assessment timeline. This provides a visual on assessment as it relates to the READ Act.
- The READ Act
- The READ Act rules adopted by the State Board of Education. The rules augment the requirements in state law.