The Comprehensive Health and Physical Education standards focus on personal decision-making around emotional and social well-being, positive communication, healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco, drug, and alcohol abuse prevention and violence prevention. The standards underscore important skills for navigating today’s society with its complex and often confusing messages around health, beauty, and happiness.
Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Academic Standards
- High School - Preschool PDF Version
- High School - Preschool Compatible Microsoft Word Version
- Online sortable standards by content, grade level and PGC:
Comprehensive Health grade level standards booklets
Understanding the Colorado Academic Standards in Comprehensive Health and Physical Education
- Overview of Changes
- Prepared Graduate Competencies (PGC) in CHPE
- Organizational Standards in CHPE
- 21st Century Skills in CHPE
- Grade Level Expectations in Comprehensive Health
Curriculum Design Tools
Contact the Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Principal Consultant for more assistance, Jamie Hurley.