You are here
Colorado Academic Standards: Visual Arts Summary of Changes (adopted 2022)
Notable Changes to Visual Arts (adopted 2022):
The review committee made the following recommended changes that were adopted by the State Board.
Revision Applicable to All Grades:
- Changed the language in the Prepared Graduate Statements, specifically statement 6 and 8, to address public feedback and make interdisciplinary and career/workforce readiness connections, and to create greater coherence and alignment.
Revision Applicable to 6th through 8th Grade:
- Due to the nature of visual art standards, the standards were organized by performance levels instead of specific grade levels.
- Change of 6th grade to Middle School Level 1
- Change of 7th grade to Middle School Level 2
- Change of 8th grade to Middle School Level 3