Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and SLD
- CDE Document: A Brief Overview of the Comprehensive Health and Physical Wellness Standards
- CDE Comprehensive Health and Physical Wellness Standards
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) - CASEL’s mission is to help make evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL) an integral part of education from preschool through high school.
- CASEL: What is SEL?
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- The State of LD: Social, Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
- PassageWorks-Engaged Teaching and Learning
- Center on Grant Teachers and Leaders (AIR) Research to Practice Brief: Teaching the Whole Child: Instructional Practices That Support Social-Emotional Learning in Three Teacher Evaluation Frameworks
- The Aspen Institute's National Commission on Social, Emotional, and Academic Development: The Evidence Base for How We Learn Supporting Students’ Social, Emotional, and Academic Development Consensus
- Self-Regulation Briefs from University of North Carolina's Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
- Self-Regulation and Toxic Stress: Foundations for Understanding Self-Regulation from an Applied Developmental Perspective
- Centre for Mindfulness Studies-What is Mindfulness
- Mindful - Taking Time for What Matters
- Getting Started with Mindfulness
- Article from Education Week on Mindfulness (2/2/17): Integrating Mindfulness in Education
- Mindfulness Toolkit
- MIndfulness Tools Tip sheets (Body scan, breathing, work, eating)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) Meditation website
- Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare and Society
- American Mindfulness Research Association
- Dr. Kristin Neff’s Self Compassion website
Mindfulness is "The awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment by moment."
"Mindfulness is paying attention with kindness to yourself, other people, and the world around you."
-Susan Kaiser Greenland, author of The Mindful Child
- Building Blocks of Brain Development
- CDE: Brain Injury in Children and Youth: A Manual for Educators (2013) (PDF)
- CDE Challenging Behavior and Executive Function (for students with brain injury and other neurologically impacted disabilities) (Video Modules - 9 parts)
NOTE: This was a full day training and is intended to be watched in its entirety. These are not stand alone.
- CHADD, The National Resource on ADHD
- Understood.com resources on Executive Function
For more information, please contact:
Email Veronica Fiedler