You are here
Laying the Foundation
Professional learning content across a wide array of topics through online learning modules can be accessed by individuals or teams. We encourage the use of these basic learning opportunities that have already been developed and made available by credible organizations.
- CONNECT Modules developed by a partnership between FPG Child Development Institute and the University of Kentucky and are available through the Division for Early Childhood (DEC)
- The IRIS Center Star Legacy Modules
- The National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations Preschool Training Modules and Technical Assistance
- Early Childhood Recommended Practices Modules (RPMs) are designed to support the implementation of the Division of Early Childhood Recommended Practices and support the use of all 8 of the DEC Recommended Practice topic areas.
The following modules have been categorized into the components of Inclusion: Access, Participation, and Support and address the 8 topic areas of the DEC Recommended Practices. These are web based learning modules that are free or at low cost. Many of the modules are self-paced and ideal for individuals. There are also modules designed as training packages that programs may choose to use and offer in a team format.
DEC Recommended Practice of Environments
DEC Recommended Practices of Assessment, Instruction and Interaction
- Evidence-Based Practices (part 1, 2 and 3)
- Early Childhood Behavior Management: Developing and Teaching Rules
From the National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations - Preschool Training Modules:
- Module 2: Social-Emotional Teaching Strategies
- Module 3a: Individualized Intensive Interventions: Determining the Meaning of Challenging Behavior
- Module 3b: Individualized Intensive Interventions: Developing a Behavior Support Plan
From Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center
DEC Recommended Practices of Leadership, Family, Teaming and Collaboration and Transition
- Module 2: Transition
- Module 3: Communication for Collaboration
- Module 4: Family-Professional Partnerships
- Related Services: Common Supports for Students with Disabilities
- Dual Language Learners with Disabilities: Supporting Young Children in the Classroom
- Module 4: Leadership Strategies for Supporting Children's Social and Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior
Browse Professional Learning Provided by the CDE Preschool Team
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.