You are here
Important Questions a Candidate Should Ask a Designated Agency/ Alternative Teacher Program
Here are some key questions you should ask a Designated Agency to help you select the right program for your needs:
- Do I need to find my own job in a public school or district? Or, will the program assist with placement in a classroom/school?
- Will I earn a salary or be compensated for my role as a teacher in this program?
- How much does the program cost?
- Are there any health benefits associated with this position?
- Does this program result in a master’s degree?
- Is there a service commitment attached to this position?
- Can I complete an induction program at the same time, which would allow me to apply for my professional license after I apply for my initial license?
- May I change content areas if I decide I would rather teach something else?