The Educator Talent Licensing Office provides Colorado educators with certification, by evaluating applications and issuing licenses and authorizations to qualifying individuals.
Four license types – teacher, special services provider, principal and administrator – are issued with one or more of 60-plus endorsements, pending license type and applicant qualifications. Twelve types of authorizations, including 34 different Career and Technical Education (CTE) credentials are also offered.
General Requirements for All Licenses & Authorizations
Information for Out-of-State Applicants
- Credentialing Guide for Out-of-State Applicants
- Out-of-State Endorsement FAQ
- Licensed Out-of-State/Country Teacher Checklist
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Already Submitted an Application?
What license or authorization do you currently hold?
- Log in to eLicensing to find out what certifications you hold.
- Request a Reprint (Duplicate) of Your Colorado License or Authorization
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Thank you Colorado Educators!
CDE is proud of our Colorado educators. Thank you for choosing to be in Colorado districts, schools and classrooms!
The latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
- Learn more about the Teacher Oath Requirement (per Senate Bill 17-296)
- Helping educators teach English Language Learners
Since early 2017, the Colorado State Board of Education and CDE have been exploring potential professional development pathways to provide flexibility for new and current teachers to better serve students with English language education needs. Learn more about the proposed increase in professional development for all teachers.