One Book 4 Colorado will be back for its sixth year April 17-May 1, 2017!
This page is intended to provide information and resources to public library staff participating in the One Book 4 Colorado project. The public can find more information on the One Book 4 Colorado official website.
- 2017 OB4CO Voting Press Release (PDF)
- 2017 OB4CO General Announcement flyer --NEW!
- 2017 Launch Video PSA --coming soon
- Customizable 2017 General Announcement flyer, post-launch --coming soon
- 2017 Pre-Launch Press Release --coming soon
- Printout to make 1" buttons (PDF)
- OB4CO logo stickers --template for Avery 8293 labels (DOC)
- Ideas for Promoting Your Summer Reading Program during OB4CO (PDF)
- Sample tweets to promote the program:
- We’re giving away 75,000 books to CO 4-year-olds this spring! Which book is it? Find out April 17 at www.onebook4colorado.org! @OneBook4CO
- Head to your library to pick up a free book for your 4-year-old April 17-May 1! Find out more at www.onebook4colorado.org! @OneBook4CO
- All CO 4-year-olds can get a free book at the library April 17-May 1! Learn more at www.onebook4colorado.org & your library! @OneBook4CO
- Blank Press Release Template (PDF)
and Template as Word doc
Template in correct press release format with OB4CO logo; you provide the press release content.
- Rain Check For Libraries (PDF)
Give to patrons if you run out of books and know you are receiving more. Customizable fields for return date & library phone.
- Sample Letter to a Preschool (PDF)
Inform preschool staff about One Book 4 Colorado.
Courtesy of Aurora Public Library
- Letterhead: PDF or DOC
- Program Highlights:
OB4CO 2013 Highlights (PDF): Results of 2013 program and overall information about OB4CO
OB4CO 2014 Highlights: Summary of the 2014 program from parent and participating agency surveys
OB4CO 2014 Infographic (PDF): Summary in infographic format of outcomes of 2014 program
OB4CO 2016 Infographic (PDF): Summary in infographic format of outcomes of 2016 program
- OB4CO 2017 Programming & Readalike ideas (PDF) --NEW!
- OB4CO 2017 MadLib (PDF) --NEW!
- OB4CO 2017 Early Literacy Tips for Mouse Mess (PDF) --NEW!
- OB4CO partnering ideas (PDF): many options for partnering with organizations
- OB4CO 2017 Informational Webinar Archive --NEW!
Printable Early Literacy Materials for Parents & Caregivers
- Early Literacy Tips for Parents:
Print this one-page sheet to give to families along with the OB4CO book.
- Another option: Early Literacy Matters Information Sheet for parents:
Print this double-sided and give to parents or caregivers along with the book.
Courtesy of Douglas County Libraries
- Reading Tips for Families in English and Spanish (PDF)
Courtesy of Reach Out and Read Colorado
Spanish translations provided by the Reforma Colorado Translation Team. Email the team for more information about this great service.
- Official Website
Visit it, link to it, and share it widely!
- Email List
Sign up or manage your settings.
- Facebook Page
Please visit and share the page often!
- Twitter Page and hashtag: #OB4CO
Contact Beth Crist