You are here
Alternative Service of Process of Legal Documents
All offices of the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), at the addresses below, are closed to the public at this time due to COVID-19. Because our buildings are closed and staff are working remotely, there is no one who can accept service of process of legal documents.
CDE Offices Closed to the Public
- 201 East Colfax Avenue
- 1560 Broadway
- 1580 Logan Street
- 6000 East Evans Avenue
- 180 Sheridan Boulevard
How to Serve Legal Documents on CDE
Please be aware that if you need to serve legal documents on CDE, you have two options:
1. You may send a request for a waiver of personal service to email@example.com. Our email account is regularly monitored, and we will respond to your request in due course. Your email should include:
- All of the documents you need to serve
- A waiver form for acceptance of the service
2. Alternatively, you may serve your legal documents on the Department by delivering them personally to the Attorney General’s Office at the Colorado Department of Law’s Office. CDE has authorized the Attorney General to accept your service on its behalf.
Please bear in mind that in order to enter the Carr Judicial Center you will be required to comply with all security and social distancing directions of the Colorado State Patrol, which maintains a regular watch at the Carr Judicial Center. The hours of public access to the Carr Judicial Center are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No service will be accepted outside of these hours.
Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
Denver, Colorado, 80203
- To request a waiver of personal service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other questions, please send a message through our Contact CDE form.
Connect With Us