The purpose of the Family Engagement Promising Practices Training is to help schools and districts implement comprehensive, sustainable partnership structures for student success. The four components of this structure are:
- The Framework of the National Family-School Partnership Standards
- Distributed Leadership
- Action Planning
- Family, School, and Community Partnering PowerPoint (PDF)
This PowerPoint is available to share with other stakeholders interested in improving family-school-community partnerships in their schools and districts.
- National Standards, Goals, and Indicators for Family-School Partnerships(PDF)
handout provides a detailed description of the National Standards (PTA, 2008). It can be used to help organize partnership in schools.
- SACPIE Family, School, and Community Partnership Resources (PDF)
The State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE) has a list of state and national research-based resources to improve partnership structures for student achievement.
- SACPIE Best Practices Framework for Effective Family, School, and Community Partnering (PDF)
The State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE) developed a best practices framework to help guide choosing the most relevant programs, actions, and resources in reaching identified goals and evaluating results.
- Multi-Tiered Family, School, and Community Partnering Supports Checklist (PDF)
This checklist provides examples of how schools engage families and communities, based on the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS).
- Starting Points Inventory (PDF)
This inventory, based on the National Standards, can be used in a number of ways to help plan, implement, and evaluate partnership initiatives.
- Reaching Results for Students (PDF)
This activity helps school and district personnel to plan goal-oriented partnership structures. District and school staff are encouraged to work with parents to reach results for students around the National Family-School Partnership Standards.
- Family, School, and Community Partnering Team Tracker (PDF)
This Team Tracker helps school personnel identify which teams within the school building already address family engagement goals and requirements.
- Action Team for Partnership Structure (PDF)
Based on resources from the National Network of Partnership Schools at Johns Hopkins University, this activity page will be useful for schools that decide to form an Action Team for Partnerships in their school.
- Family Engagement Policy Critique (PDF)
State and federal statute requires that school districts adopt and implement a family engagement policy. This activity page includes considerations for successful policy drafting, implementation, and evaluation.
- One-Year Action Plan for Partnerships (PDF)
Based on resources from the National Network of Partnership Schools at Johns Hopkins University, this action plan template can help schools organize family engagement around major improvement strategies. This resource is intended as a planning guide and is not meant to replace the Unified Improvement Plan.
- Family, School, and Community Partnering Data-Based Action Plan (PDF)
This is another template that schools and districts may use when planning, implementing, and evaluating partnership activities for student success. This resource is intended as a planning guide and is not meant to replace the Unified Improvement Plan.
To receive more information about family engagement trainings or these resources, contact Darcy Hutchins at email@example.com or 303-866-5921.