NEW! 2013-14 Fall Training Registration Now Open:
UIP Changes Webinar August 7th from 1-2:00pm or September 9th from 10-11:00am
- This webinar described changes with the UIP template and processes for the 2013-14 school year. Specific topics included: Revisions to School and District Performance Frameworks and how this affects the UIP template, grants and programs (e.g. Gifted Education, TIG, CGP), and overview of the pre-populated report and submission timeline.
- To view the recording of the August 7th Webinar, please visit: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/p1x4dtlbruv/. This recording includes the files shared during the webinar (e.g., Ppt, Draft Quality Criteria).
***To register for any of the below sessions, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UIPFall2013. A confirmation email with detailed logistics, including location information will be emailed approaching the training date. For questions please contact Erin Loften at 303.866.6642 or email@example.com.***
The following full-day UIP sessions will be offered addressing components of the UIP process and are designed for school or district level planning teams. Participants may select to attend one or all of the sessions based on their needs. Each session will be held from 8:30 am to 4 pm (lunch provided). Participants should consider bringing a small team of stakeholders that need to become more familiar with UIP processes and expectations, such as English Language Directors, Special Education Directors, Assessment Directors, principals, teacher leaders, etc.
UIP Basics I: North Metro, September 10th or Pueblo, September 12th
- The first of two basics sessions focused on data analysis (performance review, notable trends and root causes).
- A copy of the UIP Basics I Presentation is available to download (PowerPoint Presentation).
UIP Basics II: Pueblo, October 16th or North Metro, October 18th
- The second basics session focused on action planning (target setting, major improvement strategies, and action steps).
- A copy of the UIP Basics II Presentation is available to download (PowerPoint Presentation).
Going Beyond TCAP Data for Improvement Planning: North Metro, September 30th, Pueblo, October 2nd, or Grand Junction, October 30th
- Provided in partnership with the Center for Transforming Learning and Teaching (CTLT), this session will focus on how to use data sources other than TCAP as part of the UIP process. Participants will get a head start on using the K-3 literacy assessment data (currently used to identify students with significant reading deficiencies for the READ Act). Participants will also get support for incorporating additional data related to post-secondary and workforce readiness into data analysis, analyzing ACCESS data, and using TELL survey results as part of root cause analysis. The session also will help participants consider how to make sense of their use of a variety of assessment resources for a variety of reform initiatives.
Progress Monitoring: North Metro, November 19th or Pueblo, November 21st
- Provided in partnership with the Center for Transforming Learning and Teaching (CTLT), this session will focus on implementing a continuous improvement cycle across the school year that brings the UIP alive. Participants will work with and practice interpreting data from the most common interim assessments used in Colorado. They will build a plan for using interim assessment data throughout the school year to determine if action steps are having the desired effects on student learning. Identifying how to use data from implementation benchmarks to evaluate the degree to which major improvement strategies are being implemented, and make adjustments as needed, will also be a highlighted. Finally, this session will address how to engage various stakeholders, including school and district accountability committee members, in progress monitoring. Participants will leave with processes, protocols, and tools for engaging with local planning teams to monitor the progress of school and district improvement efforts.
NEW! 2013-14 Priority Improvement & Turnaround Orientations and UIP Training:
***To register for one of the dates below, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PITADC***
Pikes Peak, September 26th
Durango, October 8th
Lamar, October 10th
North Metro, October 23rd
South Metro, October 24th
Priority Improvement and Turnaround Orientation: All above dates from 8:30am - 10:00am
- This orientation session is designed to provide school and district leaders with an introduction to CDE’s support for districts and schools with Priority Improvement and Turnaround ratings. Participants will gain an understanding of the data used for identification, additional expectations as a result of identification, and mechanics and implications of the accountability clock timeline. Participants will also learn about the supports CDE staff can provide to districts and schools. This session will be facilitated by the School and District Performance Unit and other CDE staff familiar with school and district accountability and the Unified Improvement Planning process. Principals, building leadership staff, and district level staff with schools with a Priority Improvement or Turnaround are highly encouraged to attend this orientation.
Planning for Dramatic Change: All above dates from 10:30am - 4:30pm (Lunch Provided)
- This part of the session will address how school or district systems can leverage the Unified Improvement Planning (UIP) process bring about dramatic change, to ultimately bring about increased performance. Through the frame of the UIP process, participants will understand specific requirements of the planning process and gain familiarity with resources for supporting systemic improvements. Participants will understand options for supporting planning processes in their own context to implement changes successfully. Principals, building leadership staff, and district level staff with schools with a Priority Improvement or Turnaround are highly encouraged to attend this orientation.
2012-13 Training Materials Available:Incorporating UIP Feedback:
Three identical half-day training sessions were held in early April to help districts and schools incorporate their own CDE feedback into their Unified Improvement Plans
- View the PowerPoint presentation shown at the feedback incorporation sessions.
Click on the following links to access the materials used at the Fall 2012 Training Series:
- Notable Trends & Prioritized Performance Challenges (Updated: 9/10/12)
- Root Cause Analysis (Updated: 10/5/12)
- Action Planning Updated: 11/1/12)
- Target Setting (Updated: 11/1/12)
- Progress Monitoring (Updated: 12/4/2012)
Updating Your UIP Toolkit/Diving Into New Data - May 1-4, 2012
- In early May, the Colorado Department of Education offered two new learning opportunities for district leaders to support Unified Improvement Planning as districts prepare for the 2012-13 school year. These training sessions were offered in partnership with the Center for Transforming Learning and Teaching, University of Colorado Denver.
- You may access materials used at these trainings by clicking here.