Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
Effective January 1, 2018 - Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 301-26
- NASDPTS - releases updated Position Paper and Information Report.
Position Paper on "Non-conforming Vans Used for School Transportation"
Information Report of "Repair or Replacement of Components on School Buses"
Update on the VW Settlement
The meeting that was planned for January 12th is being rescheduled. Watch here for the new date. Adams 12 will be hosting an update on the VW Settlement.
Colorado Propane Gas Association (CPGA) http://www.copropane.com/ Larry Osgood, Autogas Director & Consultant will discuss all the details of these funds. The meeting will provide details on how you can apply for the settlement which will provide school districts approximately 50 % refund on alternate fuel school buses which includes propane, CNG & electric.
- Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall. See the School Bus Fleet and Technicians Tool Box Page for more Information.
- The Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA) is seeking input from school districts regarding their interest in receiving regional training provided by the CSPTA Trainer Committee. If you think your district would be interested in participating, please complete the survey below. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfoHeY8yBT4Mh-WHa49zsmeLy8JolTTtywGGTe54MEPPNtVXA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Check out the NEW additions to our Audio-Visual Library!
- Minimum Standards Governing School Transportation Vehicles 301-25
- Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 301-26 – Effective January 1, 2018
- Reimbursement Claim Form (CDE-40) and Audit Resource Guide
- 2017 Resource Guide for 1 CCR 301-26 Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles
- School Transportation Technicians Annual Inspection Guide
- 2017 License and Training Matrix Guide
CDE Operator Guides
- 2007 Colorado Student Transportation Disabilities Manual (CSPTA)
- 2016 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (CSPTA)
- 2017 Operators License and Training Matrix Guide
- 2017 School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide
- 2017 Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Operator Guide
- 2017 Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle ROUTE Operator Guide
CSPTA 2017 Transportation Summit Presentations
- Colorado Regulations 111- CSPTA 2017
- Confidentiality Presentation - Alamosa 2017
- Mandatory Reporting - Alamosa 2017
- NASDPTS - Belt Presentation
- NASDPTS National Update
- Supervisor Training
- Annual Inspector Certification Training
- Colorado Commercial Driver License Manual 2016
- First Aid and CPR Clarification from Public Health and Environment
- School Bus Facts.com
- School Finance calendar
- School Finance home page
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- 17 NASDPTS Illegal Passing Survey Results