Prepared by the Staff of the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL)
Revised December 2013
The State of Colorado is concerned with student achievement in Grades K-12. Many print and electronic publications, and Internet resources of the Colorado Department of Education support that effort for educators and parents. Listed below are selected resources from CDE and other agencies that can be accessed online, as well as print titles that are available on loan from the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL).
Selected Internet Sites:
- Assessing Students with Disabilities - CSAP IEP data, facts, and accommodations.
- Colorado Basic Literacy Act - Statute, rules, state results, and resources.
- Colorado Growth Model - Basic information on the Colorado Growth Model and links to school-by-school growth charts for all districts in Colorado.
- Colorado Technology in PreK-12 Education - This page provides reports and resources on access to technology and the impact of technology on student achievement.
- CSAP/TCAP Additional Resources - CSAP reports and guides to TCAP.
- Project Wild - A program for educators and parents who wish to incorporate environmental education activities into a curriculum in the context of the Model Content Standards for Colorado.
- School Library Impact Studies â€“ Reports and statistics on the impact of school libraries on academic achievement.
- SchoolVIEW - Interactive portal for the Colorado Growth Model and school performance data.
Selected Print and Electronic Publications:
- Colorado Closing the Achievement Gap Commission Final Report, 2005, also available via the Internet
Call number: ED15.2/C62/2005
- Colorado Department of Education strategic literacy plan: roadmap to guide CDE in improving literacy achievement for Colorado's children, Colorado Department of Education, 90 pages, 2012.
Call Number: ED2.2/L71/2012
- Colorado Power Libraries Program: What we've learned: how school library programs, impact student achievement, Colorado State Library, 2009.
- Colorado Public School Accountability, General Assembly, Legislative Council Staff, 2011.
- Colorado Student Assessment Program Technical Report, Colorado Department of Education
- Cooperative Assessment Guidelines for School Practitioners, Colorado Department of Education, 53 pages, 2012.
- CSAP Disaggregated Summary Data, Colorado Department of Education, 2003 - 2011.
- Making a Difference in Education Reform, University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development, 2011.
- No Child Left Behind State Report Card, Colorado Department of Education, also available via the Internet
Call Number: ED2.68/current year
- Profiles of Success: 8 Colorado Schools that are Closing the Achievement Gap, Colorado Department of Education, 27 pages, 2007
- NOTE: For related K-12 education web sites including school district report cards, district pupil membership statistics, laws, and the statewide school directory link to: http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo/slstplinks.htm#education
To borrow any of these print publications, contact the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL), 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 314, Denver CO 80203; 303/866-6725; fax 303/866-6940. Hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Publications may also be available at depository libraries that carry state government documents, or through interlibrary loan. For further information, visit CoSPL Online.
For additional information, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org