Prepared by the Staff of the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL)
Revised September 2008
The State of Colorado is concerned with student achievement in Grades K-12. Many print and electronic publications, and Internet resources of the Colorado Department of Education support that effort for educators and parents. Listed below are selected resources from CDE and other agencies that can be accessed online, as well as print titles that are available on loan from the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL).
- Colorado Basic Literacy Act - Statute, rules, state results,
- Colorado Correlations - A program for educators and parents
who wish to incorporate environmental education activities into a
curriculum in the context of the Model Content Standards for Colorado.
- Colorado Growth Model - Basic information on the Colorado
Growth Model and links to school-by-school growth charts for all
districts in Colorado.
- Colorado Technology in PreK-12 Education - This page provides
reports and resources on access to technology and the impact of
technology on student achievement.
- School Accountability Reports – Information for individual
schools including CSAP results, safety and discipline incidents,
student/teacher ratio, teacher qualifications, and how taxpayer dollars
- School Library Impact Studies – Reports and statistics on the
impact of school libraries on academic achievement.
- Standards for Students with Disabilities - Lists of resource
materials in developing standards-driven IEP.
- State Assessments for Students with Disabilities - CSAP IEP
data, facts, and accommodations.
- Colorado Closing the Achievement Gap Commission Final Report,
2005, also available via the Internet
Call number: ED15.2/C62/2005
- Colorado Implications for the Use of the ACT within the Colorado
Student Assessment Program by Damian Betebenner and Ken Howe for the
Colorado Department of Education, 17 pages, 2001, also available via the
Call Number: ED2/102.2/IM7/2001
- Colorado Student Assessment Program Technical Report,
Colorado Department of Education
- Cooperative Assessment Guidelines for School Practitioners,
Colorado Department of Education, 48 pages, 2007, also available via the
Call Number: ED14/40.2/C78/2007
- How School Librarians Help Kids Achieve Standards: The Second
Colorado Study, by Keith Curry Lance, Marcia J. Rodney and Christine
Hamilton-Pennell for the Colorado State Library, Colorado Department of
Education, 33 pages, 2000, executive summary of this study is available
via the Internet 2001
Call Number: ED3.2/SC6/2000
- No Child Left Behind State Report Card, Colorado Department
of Education, also available via the Internet
Call Number: ED2.68/current year
- Procedures Manual for Colorado's Assessments 2007-2008,
published by the Colorado Student Assessment Unit, 116 pages, 2007
- Profiles of Success: 8 Colorado Schools that are Closing the
Achievement Gap, Colorado Department of Education, 27 pages, 2007
- Strengthening Parent Involvement: A Toolkit, published by the
Colorado Student Assessment Program and funded by the Colorado Parent
Information and Resource Center, 91 pages, 2003, also available via the
Call Number: ED2/102.2/P21/2003
- Student Assessments: A Comparison of State and Federal
Requirements by Cathy Eslinger, Colorado Legislative Council, Issue
Brief 02-02, 2 pages, 2003, also available via the Internet
Call Number: GA4.20/03-02
- NOTE: For related K-12 education web sites including school district report cards, district pupil membership statistics, laws, and the statewide school directory link to: http://www.cde.state.co.us/stateinfo/slstplinks.htm#k-12
To borrow any of these print publications, contact the Colorado State Publications Library (CoSPL), 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 314, Denver CO 80203; 303/866-6725; fax 303/866-6940. Hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Publications may also be available at depository libraries that carry state government documents, or through interlibrary loan. For further information, visit CoSPL Online.
For additional information, E-Mail: email@example.com