Office of Standards And Instructional Support (SIS)
Important Message from the Office of Standards and Instructional Support (SIS):
June 7, 2013
Welcome to the website of the Standards and Instructional Support office! As part of our continuing efforts to provide Colorado educators with support tools for the implementation of the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), we use this front page to highlight new additions to the website. Currently, there are two:
- An important announcement regarding the Sample Curriculum Project. During the Project's next phase, the SIS team will travel across the state to work with educators in district settings to build units based on the existing samples, which will include learning strategies, resource suggestions, differentiation options, and assessment ideas linked to helping all students master the Colorado Academic Standards. As with the workshops that produced the samples, the SIS team will diligently pursue the participation of educators that represent the diverse districts across Colorado. Our Participation and Next Phase pages have further details.
- A new curriculum resource. On our Presentations and Resources page, we have added a Process Guide that reflects the processes used by Colorado educators to translate the CAS into unit overview samples. We hope this guide will deepen understandings of the standards and spark conversations about creating curriculum, for all content areas and grades, that truly embodies CDE's mantra of "all students, all standards."
As always, we strive to ensure that visitors find value in their (re)visits to this website; that its content will consistently represent relevant, usable, and timely information/materials. Please let us know how we are doing!
Director of Standards and Instructional Support
Most Popular SIS Pages:
Expanding Student Learning
When we intentionally integrate...
- Coherent and rigorous academic standards
- Innovative and engaging learning options
- Supported and effective educators
- Aligned and meaningful assessments
- Statewide and district accountability
We can personalize learning and ignite the potential of every student.
For Website support through the Office of Standards and Instructional Support, please e-mail Anna Huffman.