The following reports were commissioned by the Colorado Department of Education to support the development of the Colorado Academic Standards and decisions related to the inclusion of the Common Core State Standards. Please contact Brian Sevier, the Director of the Office of Standards and Instructional Support, at Sevier_b@cde.state.co.us.
Research and Analysis Regarding the Colorado Model Content Standands* to Guide Colorado's Revision Process and Decisions
*Colorado Model Content Standards were Colorado's grade span standards prior to Senate Bill 08-212.
- Colorado Model Content Standards Review for Phase III: World Languages (Foreign Language), Physical Education, Visual Arts, Dance, and Theatre (June 30, 2009)
- Colorado Model Content Standards Review of Phase II: Civics; Economics; Geography; and History (April 3, 2009)
- Colorado Financial Literacy Standards: Review of Potential Approaches (March 2009)
- Colorado Model Content Standards Review for Phase I: Reading & Writing; Mathematics; Science; and Music (December 19, 2008)
- Summaries of State Pre-Kindergarten Standards (October 15, 2008)
- Review of the Grade Articulation and Content of State Standards: State-By-State Profile (April 18, 2008)
- Review and Analysis of Definitions of 21st Century Skills, College Readiness, and Career/Postsecondary Readiness (March 24, 2008)
Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) in Mathematics and Reading, Writing, and Communicating and the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in Mathematics and English Language Arts
2009 CAS for Reading, Writing, and Communicating and 2010 CCSS for English Language Arts
2009 CAS for Mathematics and 2010 CCSS for Mathematics
For technical assistance on this webpage, please contact Anna Huffman.