Exceptional Children's Educational Act (ECEA)
- Colorado Rules for the Exceptional Children's Educational Act (ECEA) - Effective March 2, 2013
- The official version of the ECEA Rules can be located on the Secretary of State's website at: http://www.sos.state.co.us/CCR/
- IDEA Part B Regulations: Issued August 14, 2006 - Effective October 13, 2006
- IDEA Part B Regulations: Issued April 9, 2007 - Effective May 9, 2007
- IDEA Part B Regulations: Issued December 1, 2008 - Effective December 31, 2008
Restraint Rules and Guidelines
Section 504 is the part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 that guarantees specific rights in federally funded programs and activities to people who qualify as disabled.
Section 504 states: "No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States... shall, solely by reason of her or his disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance..."
Section 504 is enforced by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). OCR can be contacted by calling (303) 844-5695.