A teaching strategy that intentionally combines service activities with learning objectives. This is accomplished by combining a service activity with structured opportunities that link to self-reflection, self-discovery, and the acquisition and comprehension of specific content knowledge.
Effective service-learning projects have the following components:
1) Investigating community issues;
2) Planning a service project;
3) Acting to address the community issue/problem;
4) Reflecting on the service project, the experience and the process;
5) Demonstration of the studentsí work by the students to a wider audience;
6) CelebrationService-Learning combines SERVICE with LEARNING in intentional ways.
For technical assistance regarding this website please contact