The emerging draft graduation guidelines include three components that each student must satisfy in order to graduate.
- Student must demonstrate mastery of the following academic content areas:
- Reading, Writing and Communicating
- Social Studies
- At least one other content area from the Colorado Academic Standards or Career and Technical Education Standards
- Student must demonstrate mastery of the following 21st century learning skills:
- Critical thinking and reasoning
- Information literacy
- Student must complete key components of the Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAP)
- Career Plan and Goals
- Work Experience
- Academic Progress
- College Exploration and Applications
- Progress in Financial Literacy and College Finances
The Graduation Guidelines Council is building out each of these components; and CDE staff will be gathering input from the field, research, and other state models to help refine the criteria.
Return to Graduation Requirements