Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement
Phone: 303- 866-6127
Phone: 303- 866-6206
Goals of the Initiative
The office was established in accordance with Colorado Revised
Statute 22-14-101 and builds on the state’s commitment to ensure
graduation and school success for all students and re-engaging out of
CDE recently created the Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement to advance and coordinate efforts to support dropout prevention and student engagement across the state. This office is part of the Prevention Initiatives Unit and is supported by State Fiscal Stabilization Funds through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 from the office of Gov. Bill Ritter.
- Provides targeted technical assistance to districts designated as needing support to increase their graduation rate and decrease their dropout rate.
- Analyze student data pertaining to dropout, completion rates, truancy, suspension and expulsion rates, safety and discipline incidence and student growth.
- Coordinate efforts across CDE and leading initiatives to address dropout prevention and student re-engagement.
- Identifying and recommending best practices and effective strategies to reduce student dropout rates and increase student engagement and re-engagement.
- Secure resources to develop a grant program to fund services and supports.
- Tracking of progress and results.