You are here
COVID-19 Policy Implications Stakeholder Group
Background on the Stakeholder Group
In the 2020 legislative session, the Colorado General Assembly included in the School Finance Act (HB20-1418 (PDF)) the creation of a stakeholder group to address issues presented by the COVID-19 crisis. The purpose of the group is to review the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting disruption of the 2019-2020 school year, including student transition to remote learning and the cancellation of the state assessments, accountability, accreditation, and educator evaluation systems. The COVID-19 Policy Implications Stakeholder Group will discuss how the cancellation of state assessments will impact accountability, accreditation, and educator evaluations during the 2020-21 school year and whether future modifications are needed for these areas in response to the pandemic.
The COVID-19 Policy Implications Stakeholder Group is being formed under the direction of the Commissioner and will work from the fall 2020 through December 2020. By early January 2021, the findings and recommendations from the working group will be completed.
The Stakeholder Group will convene virtually. Meetings have been tentatively scheduled for:
- August 26, 2020 - 3:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- September 16, 2020 - 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- September 30, 2020 - 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- October 14, 2020 - 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- October 29, 2020 - 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
The meetings will be able for public viewing. More information about how to access the meetings will be shared soon.
Stakeholder Group Membership
The Stakeholder Group has been selected to include a broad group of stakeholders from all different parts of the state. Members were also selected to represent diverse viewpoints about assessments, accountability, and educator effectiveness by including individuals impacted by these systems, individuals with expertise in these systems and individuals engaged in advocacy around these systems.
- Amie Baca-Oehlert, Colorado Education Association
- Elizabeth Casillas, Denver Metro Region
- Carol Eaton, Technical Advisory Panel and Jefferson County School District
- Christina Ethier, Association for Colorado Education Evaluators and Cherry Creek School District
- Paul Freeman, Roaring Fork School District RE-1
- Chris Gibbons, Colorado League of Charter Schools and STRIVEPrep
- Da'Lisa Hatcher, Third Future Schools - Coperni 2 Charter School
- Peter Hilts, District 49
- Jennifer Holladay, Denver Public Schools
- Kym LeBlanc-Esparza, Archuleta School District 50 JT
- Bret Miles, Colorado Association of School Executives
- Michelle Murphy, Colorado Rural Alliance
- Stephanie Perez-Carrillo, Colorado Children's Campaign
- Amy Pitlik, Stand for Children
- Luke Ragland, Ready Colorado
- Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen, Weld County School District RE-1
- Jen Walmer, Democrats for Education Reform
- Jason Westfall, Colorado Association of BOCES
- Cheri Wrench, Colorado Association of School Boards
If you have any questions about this process, contact Rhonda Haniford at email@example.com.