CDE’s cross unit research team will examine student performance data targeted by the state’s strategic education plan which need attention to greater results. Discerning research questions will be assembled by relevant units across the organization. The team will then prioritize those that have the greatest likelihood of dramatically improving student performance. The research agenda questions will guide the work of the CDE research team, and its “explore” partners.
CDE defines research to include data analyses, survey results, program evaluations, literature reviews, and formal research studies that provide answers to critical questions that help CDE advance its strategic goals.
Beginning in January 2013 CDE will commence the new research on the following topics:
- Effective Readers (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- Quality High School Graduates: Reducing the Need for College Remediation
- Academic Progress for Students with Disabilities
- Accelerating Growth in Academic Language Development
- Increasing Achievement to Academic Standards by ALL students