Middle and High School Transition, Part 02: Transition Planning for Competent Adulthood (4-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Peter Gerhardt, Ed.D.
Original aired February 8, 2017
Participants will develop an understanding of:
- The principles of positive reinforcement
- The priorities of instruction in transition programming (work/social/navigation skills)
- The transition profile areas of focus
- The sphere of intervention
- The responsibility in support of transition planning
- How to balance academic and functional skills across a student’s school career • Which strategies are effective for teaching students with ASD basic transition skills
- What is the true meaning of positive reinforcement and provide an example?
- Why should the community be included when developing the section on "Responsibility in Support of Transition Programming"?
View the Webinar:
- Middle and High School Transition Part 01: Targeting Skills for Adult Independence
- Middle and High School Transition Part 02: Transition Planning for Competent Adulthood
- Middle and High School Transition Part 03: Central Importance of Sexual Education
- Middle and High School Transition Part 04: Person-Centered Planning for the Future
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann