Submit Official Affidavit and List of Eligible Students to Finalize ASCENT Request
If your district or charter school submitted an initial request to participate in ASCENT for the 2014-15 academic year, you must complete and send in your official affidavit and list of students by May 1st, 2014.
- Official Affidavit Form
- Spreadsheet for List of Eligible Students
- ASCENT Submission Update Webinar - Watch Recording or download PPT
- Contact Michelle Camacho Liu at email@example.com or 303-866-6596 with any questions
- Please note this is only for districts that submitted an initial request by February 1st, 2014 - No new requests will be accepted at this time.
Some important things to keep in mind to determine the number of slots you request:
- Who can request ASCENT slots?
- Student Eligibility
- ASCENT slots are not the same as headcount
- You are submitting your best estimate by Feb 1st and you have an opportunity to adjust
- Local Education Providers
- District Charter Schools*
- Institute Charter Schools
*CDE, on behalf of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board, recommends that if a school district is participating in ASCENT, a district charter school within that district should request ASCENT slots with their authorizing district.
- Complete, or be on schedule to complete at least 12 credit hours (semester hours or equivalent) of transcripted postsecondary course work prior to the completion of his or her 12th grade year*;
- Not be in need of basic skills coursework in their selected pathway;
- Have been selected for participation in the ASCENT program by his or her high school principal or equivalent school administrator;
- Have satisfied the minimum prerequisites for the course(s) before his or her enrollment in the course(s), and;
- Have not participated in the ASCENT program in previous years
*Note: International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Education Program (CLEP), and Advanced Placement (AP) courses do not count towards postsecondary course work.
- 1 ASCENT slot = 1 full-time OR 2 part-time students
- Full-time = 12+ credit hours in fall semester
- Part-time = 3-11 credit hours in fall semester
- Home study students enrolled in ASCENT are only eligible for part-time funding
- Example: 4 students interested in ASCENT, 2 full-time and 2 part-time
- Request 3 ASCENT slots
- After submitting this request, you have until May 1st to submit an official affidavit with your final ASCENT participation request.
- At that time, you will also submit a list of specific students that will be utilizing the slots.
- CDE will have a webinar before May 1st to provide additional information for submitting your final numbers, affidavit, and student information.