Guidance for potential schools and Authorizers regarding the application process as well as resources for the existing professional online community
- Application for the Certification of Multi-district Online Schools
- Single-district Online Programs and Schools
- Trainings, Events and Webinars
- CDE Calendar of Events/Conferences
Legislation and Rule direct the Office of Blended & Online Learning to develop and implement a process for certifying multi-district online schools. Only multi-district online schools and their relationship with the Authorizer must be certified by the Office of Blended & Online Learning .
- Certification is not required for a single-district online school or program.*
- Certification is not required for supplemental online programs.
- Online schools that serve a student population drawn from two or more school districts must apply for certification.
- 2019 Application Instructions and Guide-Coming soon, please check back.
- 2019 Review Rubric for Certification of a Multi-district Online School-Coming soon, please check back.
The next opportunity for certification will be January 2, 2019.
Amendments to Certification are accepted January 2, 2019 through April 2, 2019.
- 2019 Amendment to Certification (DOC)-Coming soon
Certification is not required for single-district online programs or schools. However, prior to beginning operations a proposed program must submit an Application of Recognition to the Office of Blended & Online Learning, which will determine whether or not the proposed program meets the CDE definition of an "Online School or Program." A program that meets the definition will be "recognized" as an "Online School or Program" in the state of Colorado.
Additionally, a district that wishes to operate a single-district online school must apply for a school code, operate with its own administrator, a separate budget and a complete instructional program. An online school is responsible for all state and federal reporting requirements and accountability processes. Any online program with one hundred or more students shall be considered an online school.
Applications of Recognition must be received by June 1, 2019.
Application of Recognition for Single-district Online School/Program (DOC)
All applications should be sent via email to:
Renee Martinez at email@example.com
Application Support and Assistance:
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions section
- Contact Renee Martinez at 303.866.6864 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Warning Systems, September 27, 2018 @ 2:00 pm. Check back for link.
2017 Student October Count Webinar Recording
Webinar held on May 24, 2017 at 10:00 am
Past webinars: Recorded 2016:
- 2016 Student October Count Webinar Recording June 7, 2016
- District to District Student Transfer & Transition Resource June 8, 2016
Past webinars: Recorded 2015-16
- Online Authorizer Assurances Webinar Recording August 7, 2015
- 2015 Student October Count Webinar Recording: May 19, 2015
- Statement of Residency Affidavit Webinar Recording March 10, 2015
Office of Online & Blended Learning Best Practices Webinars:
- PBIS-Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Webinar Recording -September 19, 2013
- MTSS-Multi-Tiered System of Supports-Session 1 Webinar Recording -April 26, 2013
- MTSS-Multi-Tiered System of Supports -Session 2 Webinar Recording-May 10, 2013
- SB 10-191 Webinar Recording -January 25, 2013
- READ Act Webinar Recording -November 16, 2013
Professional Development offered by the Response to Intervention/Positive Behavior Support (RTI/PBS) Office:
UIP (Unified Improvement Planning Resources) Training Opportunities:
CDE Calendar of Events/Conferences
This page provides links to meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. and lists deadlines and other key dates provided by CDE staff.