Guidance for potential schools and Authorizers regarding the application process as well as resources for the existing professional online community
- Application for the Certification of Multi-district Online Schools
- Single-district Online Programs and Schools
- Trainings, Events and Webinars
- CDE Calendar of Events/Conferences
Legislation and Rule direct the Office of Blended & Online Learning to develop and implement a process for certifying multi-district online schools. Only multi-district online schools and their relationship with the Authorizer must be certified by the Office of Blended & Online Learning .
- Certification is not required for a single-district online school or program.*
- Certification is not required for supplemental online programs.
- Online schools that serve a student population drawn from two or more school districts must apply for certification.
- 2019 Certification for Multi-district Online Schools (DOC)
- 2019 Certification for Multi-district Online Schools Rubric (PDF)
The next opportunity for certification will be January 2, 2019.
Amendments to Certification are accepted January 2, 2019 through April 2, 2019.
Certification is not required for single-district online programs or schools. However, prior to beginning operations a proposed program must submit an Application of Recognition to the Office of Blended & Online Learning, which will determine whether or not the proposed program meets the CDE definition of an "Online School or Program." A program that meets the definition will be "recognized" as an "Online School or Program" in the state of Colorado.
Additionally, a district that wishes to operate a single-district online school must apply for a school code, operate with its own administrator, a separate budget and a complete instructional program. An online school is responsible for all state and federal reporting requirements and accountability processes. Any online program with one hundred or more students shall be considered an online school.
Applications of Recognition must be received by June 1, 2019.
Application of Recognition for Single-district Online School/Program (DOC)
All applications should be sent via email to:
Renee Martinez at email@example.com
Application Support and Assistance:
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions section
- Contact Renee Martinez at 303.866.6864 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family, School and Community Partnering, TBD
Link will be posted soon-please check back.
Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) in Online/Blended Settings
UIP (Unified Improvement Planning Resources) Training Opportunities:
CDE Calendar of Events/Conferences
This page provides links to meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. and lists deadlines and other key dates provided by CDE staff.