Leads the following programs, grants, and initiatives:
- Comprehensive School Health Programs - Encourages every Colorado school district to begin or enhance a Comprehensive School Health program in order to promote healthy lifestyles and modify risk behaviors for all children.
- Medicaid - Coordinating Local Service Plans and school Medicaid reimbursement allocation for health and health related services for all students including school nurses, clinic aides, vision/hearing screenings, audiology equipment and more.
- Traumatic Brain Injury - Assists Colorado school districts in developing a comprehensive system of support for children with brain injury through the development of management protocol, providing support/training to school districts and collaboration with community resources.
- School Nursing & School Health Services - Supports and promotes the delivery of evidence based nursing and health services to all children by qualified school nurses so students are safe, healthy and ready to learn.
- Title V Abstinence/Education Program - The purpose of this program is to support decisions to abstain from sexual activity by providing abstinence programming
- Healthy Schools Colorado
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 305
Unit Supervisor: Kathleen Patrick, Assistant Director
Administrative Lead: Pam Hitt
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6867