*Note: This sub-office lives within the State Library
Addresses the needs of approximately 18,000 Colorado citizens residing in 39 state-funded institutions. Mission is to provide the leadership and expertise that Colorado’s state institutional libraries need to meaningfully impact the lives of users, their families and their communities.
Ensures services to libraries within:
- Department of Corrections
- Division of Youth Services
- Colorado Mental Health Institutes
- Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind
- Colorado State Veterans Nursing Homes
Institutional libraries generally combine functions of both public and school libraries, supporting multiple endeavors, such as K-12 educational curriculum, adult education, vocational training, GED preparation, rehabilitation/therapeutic goals and more.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 308
Unit Supervisor: Diane Walden
Administrative Lead: Melissa Carlson
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6910
- Read to the Children
- Helping with re-entry and reducing recidivism
- serves over 15,000 adult offenders in 21 Department of Corrections facilities statewide, and 900 residents in 11 Division of Youth Corrections facilities statewide.
- Prisoner's Right to Read