The Division is responsible for administering the School Finance Act and other state and federal funds that are distributed to school districts other than those programs that are defined as categorical programs. This Division includes four subsections:
- Capital Construction Office – This Officemanages the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) competitive public school capital construction grant program throughout the State of Colorado. This includes providing support to the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB).
- Grants Fiscal Management Office – This Office administers NCLB, IDEA, and State and Federal competitive grants that are distributed to districts. This includes reviewing grant budgets and fiscal reports and processing requests for reimbursements for districts.
- School Finance Reporting & Field Support Office – This Office provides support school districts and the legislature on the distribution of school finance formula funding and other funding streams. This Office also assists school districts with submission of required financial data, provides reports of financial data, provides technical guidance and support through pupil counts and transportation funding audits, and assists school districts in providing the students a safe, efficient, and secure school transportation.
- School Nutrition Office – This Office administers the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) in Colorado school districts to promote the health and well-being of children. This encompasses several programs including School Lunch, School Breakfast, Start Smart, Breakfast after the Bell, Summer Food Distribution, and School Fresh Fruit and Vegetable.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave. RM 206, Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 206
Unit Supervisor: Leanne Emm
Administrative Lead: Yolanda Lucero
Lead Email Address: email@example.com
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6847
- Manage the Administration of the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) competitive public school capital construction grant program: Ted Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administers NCLB, IDEA, and State and Federal competitive grants: David Schneiderman (email@example.com)
- Distributes of the school finance formula funding: Mary Lynn Christel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Provides reporting and field support for school finance formula funding and other funding streams: Jennifer Okes (email@example.com)
- Administers the Child Nutrition Programs for school districts: Jane Brand ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rewrite of State Equalization Software: Mary Lynn Christel (email@example.com), Adam Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Rebecca McRee (email@example.com)
- Implementation of Financial December Data Pipeline : Yolanda Lucero (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Adam Williams (email@example.com)
- Implementation of the new USDA Administrative Review Process: Lyza Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)