Blended & Online Learning informs interested parents and students about what it means to participate in online and blended learning and how to participate in K-12 online learning in Colorado. This office certifies all new multi-district online schools and recognizes new single-district online schools and programs. The office also provides technical support to existing blended & online learning schools and programs in Colorado and promotes responsible growth of online schools.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 210
Unit Supervisor: Christina Jean
Administrative Lead: Renee Martinez
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6864
- Review applications to become a multi-district or single-district online school or program
- Provide information and data about online learning in Colorado
- Provide professional development to online professionals about online state guidelines and ensure schools are in compliance.
- Field phone calls from the public regarding online schools, options for full-time and part-time enrollment, extracurricular and interscholastic enrollment and other general questions about attending online school.
- Contact online schools and the respected authorizer if the online school is substantially out of compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Consult with the state board regarding quality standards in online learning
- Document and track complaints of online schools and programs
- Collect resource information for implementation of online schools and distribute to the online community
- Collect and review information from online schools concerning sound financial and accounting practices
- Conduct research internally and investigate other research being conducted in Colorado and throughout the United States about Online and Blended Learning
- Distribute research reports and findings out to the Colorado Online Community.
- Work with the legislature to discuss how policy can assist in creating more opportunities and clarify issues/concerns around online and blended learning
- Conduct the application and review process for the Online Teacher/Counselor Recognition Award annually
- Prepare a summary report about online programs every five years (next report: 2019)