The Blended & Online Learning Office informs interested parents and students about what it means to participate in online and blended learning and how to participate in K-12 online learning in Colorado. This office certifies all new multi-district online schools and recognizes new single-district online schools and programs. The office also provides technical support to existing blended & online learning schools and programs in Colorado and promotes responsible growth of online schools.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 300
Unit Supervisor: Gretchen Morgan
Administrative Lead: Renee Martinez
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6864
- Review applications to become a multi-district or single-district online school or program
- Provide information and data about online learning in Colorado
- Provide professional development to online professionals about online state guidelines and ensure schools are in compliance.
- Field phone calls from the public regarding online schools, options for full-time and part-time enrollment, extracurricular and interscholastic enrollment and other general questions about attending online school.
- Contact online schools and the respected authorizer if the online school is substantially out of compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Consult with the state board regarding quality standards in online learning
- Document and track complaints of online schools and programs
- Collect resource information for implementation of online schools and distribute to the online community
- Collect and review information from online schools concerning sound financial and accounting practices
- Conduct research internally and investigate other research being conducted in Colorado and throughout the United States about Online and Blended Learning
- Distribute research reports and findings out to the Colorado Online Community.
- Work with the legislature to discuss how policy can assist in creating more opportunities and clarify issues/concerns around online and blended learning
- Conduct the application and review process for the Online Teacher/Counselor Recognition Award annually
- Prepare a summary report about online programs every five years (next report: 2014)
Conducting research with the University of Colorado at Denver to examine trends and characteristics in online students to better understand the population participating in primary and secondary online education. The report will be released in Fall 2012.