The Office of Competitive Grants and Awards is dedicated to enhancing school improvement through federal and state grant opportunities. We offer support to students, teachers and administrators in the application and funding process for a wide variety of grant and award programs. We strive to develop high quality grant applications and review protocols, to recognize highly effective local programs and educators, utilize their expertise in support of increased program effectiveness, and create incentives for others to implement bold reforms in support of increased student achievement.
Address: 1560 Broadway, Denver CO 80202
Room Number(s): 1450
Unit Supervisor: Lynn Bamberry, Director
Administrative Lead: Kim Burnham
Lead Email Address: email@example.com
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6916
- Offer services to units throughout CDE that will provide a standardized and legally defensible process for developing Request for Proposals and the grant review process.
- Award Grants on behalf of the Colorado Department of Education Administration of 1003(a) and (g) School Improvement Grants Administration of CDE Award Programs
- Development of Grant Applicants; Kim Burnham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development of E-Grants system; DeLilah Collins - Collins_d@cde.state.co.us
- Development of Award Programs; Lynn Bamberry - Bamberry_l@cde.state.co.us
- Administration of 1003 funds; Brad Bylsma - Bylsma_b@cde.state.co.us
- CDE-wide services include the following:
- Assistance in writing Request for Proposals (RFPs);
- Preparation of items for the Scoop/ News Releases;
- Attendance at EDAC and EDAC paperwork completion;
- Grant writing trainings (if applicable); and
- Grant review.