The Communications Division, which includes the Communications, Legislative Relations, and Web Management offices, initiates two-way communication to inform and elevate conversations regarding the state’s education system and to solicit, receive and disseminate information on needs and successful practices.
- Write, edit and distribute weekly and monthly communications that update stakeholders on the department’s strategic priorities (including The Scoop, CDE Update, The Educator Effectiveness E-Newsletter).
- Gathers and analyzes information to write and edit various print and electronic communication vehicles including but not limited to: newsletters, brochures, news releases, news tips, web content, social media content, marketing materials, and reports.
- Respond to media and community requests for information.
- Upholds and maintains the department brand messaging, style guide and style manual.
- Communicate the state’s reform plan.
- Develops new social media and website content, and keeps site(s) updated.
- Assists in communications trainings and give communications advice and counsel to support the state’s reform initiatives as articulated in the state’s Race to the Top plan.