The Communications Division initiates two-way communication to inform and elevate conversations regarding the state’s education system and to solicit, receive and disseminate information on needs and successful practices.
- Write, edit and distribute weekly and monthly communications that update stakeholders on the department’s strategic priorities. (The Scoop, CDE Update, The Educator Effectiveness E-Newsletter)
- Gathers and analyzes information to write and edit various print and electronic communication vehicles including but not limited to: newsletters, brochures, news releases, news tips, web content, social media content, marketing materials, and reports.
- Respond to media and community requests for information.
- Upholds and maintains the department brand messaging, style guide and style manual.
- Communicate the state’s reform plan.
- Develops new social media and website content, and keeps site(s) updated.
- Assists in communications trainings and give communications advice and counsel to support the state’s reform initiatives as articulated in the state’s Race to the Top plan.
- Produce new CDE Visual Identity Standards in an effort to realign and strengthen communications coming from CDE. (Beth Hunter email@example.com)
- Producing materials informing educators and the public on Educator Effectiveness (Beth Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org; Amy Skinner, email@example.com; and Katie Lams, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Web overhaul (Megan McDermott, email@example.com; Marcus Johnstone, firstname.lastname@example.org; Michelle Gebhart, email@example.com)