The Commissioner's Office directs the department's activities, completion towards statuorily required tasks, and attainment of CDE's goals. The Commissioner, along with his Executive Staff, ensures that the strategic plan also guides CDE's work. The strategic plan receives input from CDE staff and is revised annually.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 500
Unit Supervisor: Elliott Asp, Ph.D.
Administrative Lead: Jane Schold
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6646
- Advise the State Board concerning the current operation and status of the public schools and other education matters
- Establish and maintain a system of personnel administration within the department
- Ensure all policies, rules and regulations adopted by the state board to be duly executed
- Visit local education agencies, schools, communities, and key education partners at the local, state, national and global levels
- Prepare and submit to the state board a budget for the department and properly execute the approved budget in accordance with appropriations