The Budget/Accounting Unit is responsible for budgeting and traking the funds and resources used by CDE as a whole and each unit within the department for each fiscal year. We work with all CDE units to properly allocate, track and report funds, so each unit has the funding they require to operate. We also monitor and make necessary adjustments throughout the year to reflect the changes that occur. We are responsible for financial reporting and submitting data to the Joint Budget Committee, Office of State Planning and Budgeting, and the Office of the State Controller.
- Budget monitoring: monitor and adjust budgets monthly.
- Budget preparation with OSPB (Office of State Planning and Budgeting): annual Budget Approval:
- Joint Budget Committee sets the Department's annual appropriation--
- Accounting and Budget set up Financial reporting--monthly, quarterly, annually including audit
- Fiscal Note preparation--annually during the legislative session
- Transaction processing--travel reimbursements, invoices, all purchases: daily
- RFPs/Contracts/Purchase Orders--no set interval, but regularly